Goods Restricted For Sale by Casual Standholders
The following goods are restricted - no further casual cards or regular stands will be allocated for the sale of goods or services as stated:
Click here to view the list of all restricted goods.
Prohibited Goods For Sale By All Standholders
- Pirate audio or video cassettes, compact discs etc.
- Goods that infringe any copyright, registered trademark or registered design.
- Firearms, ammunition, prohibited weapons and fireworks, Swords.
- Drugs, drug aids, drug apparatus and drug literature.
- Indecent or obscene articles or publications.
- Laser pointers.
- Goods or merchandise that cannot be sold by law.
- Motorised Scooters.
Casual Cards are available to maintain priority for casual stand allocation.
These cards can be obtained at Market Offices or at the Sydney Markets Limited Office. You will need to bring identification and complete an application form.
The casual card application fee is $53.90 (GST inclusive).
If you wish to obtain a casual card on a market day, please inquire at a Market Office between 10am-12noon, to avoid interruptions to the casual calls.
Two general goods casual calls are conducted at each market to allocate all available vacant stands.
Both calls start card No1 until all vacant stands are allocated. When a card number is called, the card holder then chooses a stand. (Please note, there will be no refund of casual fees).
If a card holder is present and there are no available stands, then they should record their attendance on the Allocation Sheet.
Once allocated, casual stands may not be exchanged without approval.
Haymarket - No vehicle entry for Casual Traders.
Sydney Markets 2129 - No vehicles permitted into the market after 11am on Friday, 6.00am on Saturday and 8am on Sunday.
Every month the casual cardholder attendance is reviewed and if a cardholder has not attended in that month, then their Priority Card Number is cancelled.
Casual Stand / Card Conditions
Casual Card conditions are fully set in the Standholder's Guide (copies of which can be obtained from Market Offices). A summary of the conditions is as follows:
- Use of a casual card by any other person other than the nominated cardholder could lead to the cancellation of the card.
- Only one card number will be issued in each market to any person.
- Cardholder attendance is reviewed every month. Cards of non-attendees are cancelled.
- Casual stands when allocated are not transferable to other persons.